Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Can Control Every One- Can't I??

I have been called controlling- more than a few times. And as much as I have heard the term used I never was really able to grasp my head around it. It was almost as though I thought these people were really insane- I was not controlling at all- I was just trying to make sure things went the right way in order to save them from themselves. I was thoroughly convinced that if people just did things my way -everything would turn out alright. And if they decided against doing things my way- well it would all just fall apart. And I was very angry when it was not done my way.

Somewhere along the way I found out how to get out of the way. I'm not sure if I matured or if my hard head realized that it was not working for me. That no matter what I thought to be the way things should be -they just did not turn out like that. I learned that the only actions that I could control were my own and when I started to focus on me life was much easier. I no longer was angry all the time because things did not go my way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. The world needs people with strong wills who have a need to lead others to the light.

Anonymous said...

One of the causes of stress and tension to one self and to one's relationship with others is being controlling.It is much easier to let things happen when they don't go the way as planned. It is a test of your will, your strength and your trust --and most of all your "creativity" to adapt to the "change".

Unknown said...

happens sometimes when you are very worried about your partner.
Married dating site for those looking for a married affair, or in a relationship,
and looking for a marital affair or married dating.
www.marriedandlooking.co.uk